Possibly the most epic game title I have ever come across!
Batbarian: Testament of the Primordials
A downloadable game for Windows
Batbarian: Testament of the Primordials is a snarky action-adventure puzzle game with a good dose of humor. Explore hundreds of secret-filled rooms, fight big bosses, gather companions for your party and use the powers of Pip -your bat buddy- to solve puzzles and escape the eldritch abyss!
*Crash* ...That was the sound of you landing face first in an abyss filled with monsters, traps, and eldritch secrets. But hey, it's ok barbarian, you are not alone: Pip, your best friend -and mysteriously luminous bat- is with you. And it's only by truly working together that you'll be able to solve the abyss' puzzles, fight off its hungry denizens, discover its true purpose and maybe -just maybe- make it out alive with the secrets of the primordials.
- Gain new skills for your barbarian and elemental powers for Pip, the (magic) bat!
- A narrative-driven metroidvania with dialogue choices and plenty of humor and snark.
- Big numbers! 400+ rooms, 20+ hours of evolving gameplay, 10+ bosses, 60+ minutes of music and almost 30,000 words of text that a barbarian would never bother to read!
- RPG elements with a level-up minigame.
- Contains more fruit throwing than probably any other game.
- Companions that join you in your quest and help you out in fights.
- Multiple endings based on your choices and actions.
- The thrown fruit are NOT wasted, they are eaten by the bat (who is magic).
- A ton of secrets and hidden loot just about everywhere.
- The (magic) bat has a whopping FIVE different squeaking sounds!
- Fewer repetitive jokes than this description has.
A controller is recommended for an optimal experience.
|Updated||21 hours ago|
|Published||13 days ago|
|Release date||10 days ago|
|Tags||2D, Action-Adventure, Dungeon Crawler, indie, Metroidvania, Multiple Endings, Narrative, Pixel Art, Puzzle-Platformer, Singleplayer|
|Average session||A few hours|
|Languages||English, Spanish; Latin America, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional)|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Playstation controller|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, Configurable controls|
|Links||Steam, Twitter, Twitch, Community|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $19.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: