First time I played this was on the Playstation. I loved everyone minute of this game as well as the music too! Actually listening to the sound track now.
Astalon: Tears of the Earth
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Three heroic explorers wander the post-apocalyptic desert on a mission to save their village from despair. They soon find a dark, twisted tower that has risen from the depths of the planet and seemingly holds the key to their survival. In order to ensure their victory, one of them has made a secret pact with the Titan of Death, Epimetheus, allowing them to reincarnate until they have accomplished their mission. But what fate lies in store for the heroes and their village?
Death is Only the Beginning
Astalon: Tears Of The Earth is an action-platformer set in a dying world where life is cruel, but death can be a stepping stone to victory! Use the unique skills and weapons of Arias the fighter, Kyuli the rogue, and Algus the wizard, to surmount the mysterious tower and find the answers to their survival. Slay terrible monsters, discover powerful artifacts, and solve fiendish puzzles, reaching new heights in the tower with the aid of a Titan. Follow a story about friendship and sacrifice, building up the courage to take down giants to protect the weak and powerless. Strengthen your party and change their fate by embracing death. Discover the countless secrets of the Tower of Serpents!
- Relive the glory days of 8-bit action-adventure through beautifully detailed, authentic pixel art set in a dark, fantastic world! Astalon features the progressive exploration of an interconnected world with the swiftness and quick rhythm of a room-by-room action platformer.
- Original character design by Ryusuke Mita, creator of world-famous manga Dragon Half!
- Play at your own pace -- explore thoroughly and build your characters strengths, or use risky methods to slice your way up the tower furiously!
- Switch between your heroes and utilize the unique abilities of a warrior, archer and wizard to progress through the game.
- Battle against a large assortment of different enemies, giant monsters, and epic bosses! Choose the right hero to find the weaknesses of the creatures that stand in your way!
- Upgrade your characters’ abilities and change the course of destiny by making deals with Epimetheus -- the Titan of Death.
- Collect a variety of incredible artifacts such as the “Sword of Mirrors” that will bestow your characters with new abilities and open new possibilities.
- Use campfires to save your progress, change characters, and discover details about the heroes’ pasts.
- Hundreds of rooms to discover -- hours of challenging exploration with a plethora of unlockables and secrets to reward the most inquisitive players!
- Experience an exciting soundtrack of chiptune music composed by Matt Kap, spanning over 30 pieces of music!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $19.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Astalon 1.0.14 Patch NotesJun 18, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Are there any active plans to release 1.1.0 here as well?
Does this purchase also come with Steam or GOG keys?
Hi there, Zed64K. It doesn't come with keys for the other platforms. Just the stand-alone game files
I bought this here recently (for Mac), but I am having multiple troubles just getting through the options and main menu. I can't escape the Controls section of the options menu even when I press Escape (as the menu tells me to). I can't enter the Video section of the options menu, nothing happens when I try to. And when I try to start a new file, the game just goes black and freezes after attempting to load for a bit. I can't even play the game. (Additionally, having tried all of this repeatedly without success, I am frustrated that I'm hit with several bright flashes of light each time before I can even get to the accessibility options menu to turn those down.) I am very disheartened and I don't know what to do.
(Edit as of 6 months later: I upgraded to a newer computer with a newer OS and it still doesn't work, same problems. I really don't recommend getting this for Mac.)
Absolutely love this game. Is there another related title? Just curious because it's episode 2.
looks amazing, the animation and transitions looks so smooth! And the vintage colour art style looks amazing! Can't wait to play!